Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cheetahs

Hi Everyone!

Geez, it has been a while since I've been back to this blog. I guess the last time I was writing was mid-applying to college season, which is going on two years ago. But at least it paid off, I got into my dream college and conduct research in the conservation lab on campus. Other than getting older, not much has changed in my life plan. Conservation biology is still my dream field of work. That being said, I'm determined to write more on this blog and I've decided my first topic (a repeat topic I know) is going to be cheetahs. You know why? Because I love them. And I have since I was 4, when I found out they existed. Yes, I love cheetahs (anyone that knows me at all will tell you 'she's going to work with cheetahs some day') but, in my current opinion, that's important because, with my love for cheetahs came my love for conservation. My favorite animal is going extinct,  so naturally I would be drawn to jobs that's sole mission is to save endangered animals.

Just look at that beautiful creature (who is my computer background at work). Just beautiful.

I actually got to meet a cheetah (an ambassador cheetah) and Laurie Marker, the founder of the Cheetah Conservation Fund (CCF), last may. It was a 'party' for all the really rich donors that give to the CCF, and my mom got us in. I got to pet the cheetah. and stare at the cheetah for a long time. My life was made.

Because I really need a reason to google search cheetahs, here are some of the coolest creatures on the planet.



Look at the fluffy heads. SO FLUFFY. (Yes I did just quote "Despicable Me").

*sighs* who could not love these creatures?

I hope you enjoyed this nature chat.
Stay tuned for more,
K








No comments:

Post a Comment