Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy World Environment Day!

Hello Everyone!

Did you know June 5th is World Environment Day? I sure didn't until yesterday and I'm usually aware of major nature days. I guess it shows people aren't spreading the word enough...

World Environment Day was created to mark the day that the UN conference on the Human Environment began. It was first on June 5th, 1973 and it also celebrate the establishment of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). This day is hosted by a different city with a different theme every year. This year the theme is: Forests-Nature At Your Service (because 2011 is year of the forest) and it is hosted by Bac Kan, Vietnam. Basically it is a day, like Earth Day, to increase public awareness, political attention and public action.

I know, I know. You may not care about why this day was started or even that it exists but I think this day, after researching it, is especially important because it is an international cause. The nations of the world are dedicated to this day and get involved, which is impressive.



So, do something environmentally friendly and spread the word!


I hope you enjoyed this (short) nature chat.
Stay tuned for more,
KZ

No comments:

Post a Comment